Blue Haven Bonaira is open!
Blue Haven Bonaira is a community based organisation where resident centred care is the heart of what we do.
Blue Haven Bonaira features our stylish new residential aged care home and stunning independent living units, set amongst beautifully landscaped grounds.
The site offers a village lifestyle with community hall and wellness centre. Historic Barroul House has been transformed into a charming café and residents can bask in the iconic views Kiama is famed for from the rooftop observation deck while enjoying a barbecue.
Blue Haven Bonaira Residential Aged Care Home comprises of 5 room types in a 134 bed home, including two dedicated dementia homes (Cedar & Palm).
Pricing starts from $550,000 for a Premium Room.
The new site located at 14a Bonaira Street, Kiama comprises of:
- 59 Independent Living Units
- 134 Residential Aged Care Home
- In Home Services
- A community hall and meeting rooms
- Office space for Community Services staff
- A hairdressing salon
- A wellness Centre equipped with treadmill and other gym equipment
- A Chapel
- A cafe
- Children’s playground
- Public Cafe, in the restored Barroul House – Barroul House Cafe
How many beds will the new Home accommodate?
The new Home will accommodate 134 beds, 31 of which will be for specific dementia care.
Does the new Home accommodate dementia care residents?
Recognising the prevalence of dementia in people accessing residential care, the philosophy of the design will accommodate residents with dementia across the whole Home. The dementia care household will only be for those requiring a specific level of support that cannot be provided in the general Home.
Our dedicated dementia homes are Cedar and Palm
Each of the 8 households in the Home are named after flora and fauna, with all but one being local to the area. The home names are:
– Flame Tree
– Lilly Pilly
For instance your room or your loved one’s room will be allocated as Lilly Pilly room 6.
Each room has a large glass cabinet at its door that residents are to place keepsakes inside any memorabilia, photos, their name – whatever makes them feel good inside and comfortable knowing which room is their own.
The new Home will be of modern design with predominantly individual rooms, each with ensuite. Residents will be grouped into eight beautifully appointed ‘households’ of 15, 16 or 18 suites including two secure dementia care homes, with each household having their own dining and lounge areas. The suites in Blue Haven Home comprise of high quality features and fittings, designed to complement the coastal Kiama location.
There are 5 different types of rooms:
- Balcony Double Suites
- Balcony Single Suites
- Superior Suites
- Premium Suites
- Premium Kitchenette Suites
All of the suites are appointed with:
• King single electronic adjustable beds with timber-look bedheads and pressure relieving mattresses
• Over bed table
• Interior designer appointed furnishings including armchair, bedside cabinet and window coverings
• Feature wall with elegant wallpaper, timber look vinyl plank flooring with coordinated joinery and paintwork
• Built in wardrobe and shelving
• Wall mounted bed lamp
• Wall mounted 42-inch flat screen smart TV with internet connection available
• Air conditioned rooms and opening louvre windows
• Telephone access in the room available
In addition to the features described above, some of the suites will have distinguishing features such as:
• Larger m2
• Higher quality interior design finish
• designer carpet
• direct access to private patio area
• Kitchenette & small fridge
Blue Haven has been designed with spacious common areas where residents enjoy a home like environment.
Safe wandering and independence is reinforced through the use of way-finding techniques, safe access to secure courtyards and gardens that extend and link the indoor spaces to embrace the attributes of the surrounding location.
Each of the 8 households in the Home have the following common areas:
• Large lounge room varying between approximately 42 and 66 m2 with 80 inch wall mounted smart TV and an electronic real-looking fire place that will provide a calming ambience to the room and can also provide heating.
• Dining areas that vary between approximately 33 and 48m2 with quality furnishings. The dining areas and lounge areas are open planned and have a sense of connection and flow between the spaces
• Kitchen servery with kitchen bench, fridge, oven and cook top for the delivery of meals from the central kitchen
• Quiet lounge rooms varying between approximately 15m and 21m2 with comfortable seating and a 48-inch flat screen TV.
• Shared balconies with quality outdoor furnishings.
Additional common areas include:
• A 32.6 m2 Family Room is located on the first floor and designated for residents, family and visitors providing extra privacy. This room is also fitted out to provide a private breast -feeding room available for staff and visitors when required.
• A 43.5 m2 Chapel on the ground floor
• A 102.5 m2 wellness centre fitted out with gym equipment including treadmill and weights
• A beauty spa and hairdresser’s is located on the ground floor and is wheelchair accessible. There is also a nail technician table and chairs.
• A clinic room for private consultations
• A two story water feature and indoor garden, providing a relaxing and inviting appeal
Facility and Services:
• Free Wi-Fi is available across the Home for residents and visitors
• All meals are cooked fresh on site in the commercial standard kitchen. Menus are designed by the Chef and Dietitian to ensure a variety in menu, composition and ensure nutritional requirements are met. Menus contain three meals each day with two choices per meal with extended dining periods plus morning and afternoon tea. Snacks, tea and coffee are readily available at any time during the day or night. Wine is served with lunch and dinner.
• Dining arrangements are available for family functions. Multicultural needs are catered for when required.
• A large group of active volunteers assists with the Lifestyle program to extend the potential for social interaction for all residents.
• The Home is located adjacent to the Kiama Integrated Primary and Community Health Centre delivering community-based outpatient services and clinics which will improve access to health care for residents at the Home.
• The Home is only 2kms from the Kiama town centre with access to a variety of retail services, restaurants, community associations and churches. Other shops within 450m of the Home include a combined newsagent, general store, bottle shop, take-away food and café.
• The Blue Haven bus will provide residents with access to the town centre and social outings.
• Residents will be able to access concerts and other activities at the community hall located adjacent to the Home and accessible by enclosed corridors.
Views from individual units
Click to see the view from individual unit balconies in this building