We know feeling part of the community is important. Blue Haven Care provides services and activities that ensure you don’t miss out.
Getting together with other people is a great way to stay connected to the local community and to make new friends. Our team offers the very best in community support services in a relaxed, attentive and caring way.
Blue Haven Care offers a variety of activities to ensure you stay connected with the local community:
- One-on-one social support with shopping, mailing, banking and social outings.
- BHC host Tuesday evening Ten Pin Bowling followed by dinner at a local restaurant.
- Shopping trips including Kiama Village, out of area shopping centres and weekend markets.
- Kiambor Social Group hosts planned indoor and outdoor activities fortnightly (Wednesdays) including dancing, movies and day trips.
- Men’s Social Group meets every Thursday between 1.30-3.30pm, at the Joyce Wheatley Community Centre in Hindmarsh Park, Kiama.
Having the means to get around town as needed – for appointments, social activities or shopping – is very important for staying active. To find out about Community Transport provided by Blue Haven Care click here.
What’s On – Community Care Support Program (CCSP)
* Bookings are essential for all programs
-Joyce, Blue Haven Care client
"My husband and I moved to Kiama 12 years ago and we haven't looked back. We found out about the community centre and the support services offered by Blue Haven Care and have enjoyed spending time making new friends at the centre and exploring the local area. They always make me laugh! We really have the best of both worlds - living on our own home and coming together with like-minded people at the community centre through Blue Haven Care."