Care for Carers
Carers pay a hugely valuable role in the local community and Blue Haven Care offers a number of activities and groups to ensure they are supported and looked after too.
- A Carer Support Group provides an opportunity for carers to come together and discuss their needs, experiences and listen to guest speakers. The group gathers the third Thursday of each month, from 10am-12pm at the Kiama Bowling & Recreation Club, 100 Shoalhaven St Kiama
- Respite for carers of people with early to moderate dementia is provided by ‘Out & About’ Tours on Monday & Friday from 12.30pm to 4:30pm, with a socially inclusive & supported bus outing & afternoon tea
- A Carers Afternoon Tea occurs on the second Friday of each month from 1:30-3:30pm at the Joyce Wheatley Community Centre in Hindmarsh Park, Kiama. This is an opportunity for carers to come together to express and to share their thoughts, ideas and feelings
- One-on-one respite which can be in-home, or out & about in the community
- Respite bowling is an activity for younger people with a disability which takes place at Shellharbour Tenpin Bowling, on Tuesday evenings from 5-9pm