Diabetes Australia Training
Diabetes Australia will be conducting a 1-hour training session at the Joyce Wheatley Community Centre in Kiama.
The topics covered will include:
- Oral Hypoglycaemic Agents and Insulin
- Self-Monitoring of Blood Glucose – why, when and how?
- Blood Glucose Level Targets
- Cycle of Care (medical checkups)
- Foot Care
- Other Considerations (Travel, driving)
Please join our Blue Haven Care Diabetes Information Session:
When: 21st of August, 2018
Where: Joyce Wheatley Community Centre, Kiama
The delay in diagnosis is putting many people at risk of major life-threatening health problems.Early diagnosis, treatment, ongoing support and management can reduce the risk of diabetes-related complications.
• is the leading cause of blindness in adults
• is a leading cause of kidney failure
• is the leading cause of preventable limb amputations
• increases the risk of heart attacks and stroke by up to four times
Visit Diabetes Australia for more information, or call the NDSS Helpline on 1300 136 588.