By becoming a volunteer with Blue Haven Care, you have the unique opportunity to make a big difference to the lives of others.
People who require the help of volunteers include older people who are frail, people under 65 with a disability, people who are transport disadvantaged, and carers of these groups of people.
You will have the chance to meet new people and form friendships, use your experience and skills to help others, develop new skills, and become a valued member of the Blue Haven Care team.
People have a variety of reasons for volunteering their time and expertise with Blue Haven Care. Whether it’s to make new friends, wanting to use free time in a positive way, to gain confidence or make use of existing skills and expertise, we are always on the lookout for enthusiastic and compassionate people to join our extended team.
Blue Haven Care volunteers can choose from a wide variety of roles and we always aim to match you with an activity that fits with your reasons for volunteering. Below are a range of activities you can choose to be involved in:
- assisting people with shopping
- visiting people at home for companionship
- providing respite for carers
- “travel training”, including assisting people to understand timetables and access public transport so they can remain independent
- assisting with group outings and at a centre
- transporting people by car to medical appointments and social activities
- helping volunteer drivers by assisting people on and off the bus
- helping with administrative tasks in the office
- cooking the BBQ at a special event
- reading to the visually impaired
- supporting people with basic IT support, including using new technology such as iPads
- just saying hello and having a cup of tea.
We also ensure we recognise the valuable role of Blue Haven Care volunteers, with regular morning teas and invitations to Blue Haven Care events.
VOLUNTEER NOW. Please note that all Blue Haven Care volunteers are required to undergo a police check and medical clearance.
For more information about becoming a volunteer please fill in the form below or
Tel: (02) 4232 0475
-Ruth, Blue Haven Care Volunteer
"I have been a volunteer at the local community centre for 10 years and I enjoy being part of the hub of friendships, activities and community support. I think Kiama is a special place for people that are growing older. There's a lot of help and resources for them and it's a vibrant, thriving community."